Monday, February 2, 2009

Napping On A Warm Day

Truly, there is nothing more sensual or enticing that a nap on a beautiful, warm day.

I owned a home about ten years ago, in the San Fernando Valley, which had a large maple tree outside my two bedroom windows. They formed a corner where I wisely placed my bed.

I loved this little bungalow, which at 912 square feet was all it could be called, and especially cherished my springtime naps in this tree-shaded bedroom. Opening the windows allowed a lovely breeze to waft across me as I lay half-in and half-out of sleep. I remember thinking that the touch of the puffs of air felt silken.

Well, yesterday, after having conquered most of my plans for the day, I lay down in Wanda, snuggled into my nest of a bed and reached for the windows. It wasn’t exactly spring weather, but it was definitely warm enough to warrant some fresh air.

I was so pleasantly surprised. I nearly duplicated the San Fernando cottage experience. It was absolutely fabulous.

I really had no need of a nap. I wasn’t truly tired. I simply wanted to luxuriate in the swirl of warm air that surrounded me. I picked a time when the sun shone directly into one window affording me the effect of lying on a beach soaking up the rays – except that I was under a thick comforter!

Anyway, I highly recommend the habit of an afternoon nap – at any time of the year – but especially when you can call Mother Nature indoors and enjoy her soft caress.

No comments: