Friday, October 3, 2008

For A Sanity Break -Try Blogging

Okay, most of you out there are not writers, so why would you want to blog? Good question. Let me see if I can explain the benefits.

As a writer, blogging has been a lifesaver. It has allowed me to keep my hand in and get instant gratification, while I tackle two huge projects that will take a while to come to fruition - one is a novel and the other an intricate website. Not only do I get to write on a regular basis, but because I've put a google analysis tool on my blogs, which tells me people are reading them, I know my words are not falling off into dead space.

For that reason only, a blog may be just right for you, the average Joe or Josephine. Do you have an opinion on who won the Vice Presidential Debates? Wouldn't you love to express that view without starting World War III at work or with relatives? How about your love of creating new and unique desserts? Wouldn't you love to display pictures of those fancy cakes and cupcakes you made for your latest soiree'? You could upload photos and also include the recipes.

Really, this forum is good for so many people. Recently an AARP email reported that 20 million people in the US read blogs everyday and even more surprising, 12 million have blogs of their own. What does that say to you? There are a lot of people with something to say or share and even more who are interested.

So, if you've got a hobby, a pet peeve, a desire to write daily, a special window on the world or any tiny part of it, then you might want to consider blogging.

This is extremely easy to do and it's free. Come on all you would-be bloggers, give it a try! What have you got to lose?

No comments: